lunes, 16 de septiembre de 2013

Love relationships


Yesterday I was given a love lesson. I heard the voices of a granddad and a son praying, repeating and following instructions. It was lovely! It was like Jesus were teaching each of us there.

Someone else was at the chat room and each one enjoyed for what they heard, did or liked.

You can hear someone chewing his food or chewing her gum, but this what I heard was more than that. It was like my heart beating, a man who became a dad second time and a little voice who asked his loving attention and, as a response, he or she did what a granddad asked or needed. Doesn't it look like us, being Christians?

Let's say we are not at God's physical reach, but we could be assured or hugged, sometimes. We are not at His lap, but He is willing to care for all our needs, to give us personal attention, while whispering His words sweetly: He wants to be loved too.

I agree we don't want to give too much attention to certain things or persons. We are creepy when asking things, and perhaps we are not kind enough to thanks those who has blessed us with a sincere prayer, an honest act of friendship, or the empty seat we received at a crowded place. We're are not kind enough to tell God “Thanks” when life is spared, saved from secular corruption or from the danger of any human disease.
Doesn't this remind you when Jesus spoke of those men who were healed and never thanked him back?
Love often functions like the job of a gardener. You cannot get easily some special fruit. A flower needs attention, her soil requires watering with your nice feelings and the toil that pays you back with beauty or her scent. Don't you regret vanishing colors? Will you leave your roses to turn pale?

In love you are aware you need attentions; but the other part could be demanding his (or her) anytime you won't think of. It is like breathing! There is an incoming air and its opposite flow changing. Who wants to stop his living breath?

There is a selfish part on this. I could long to receive fresh air. I would love to inhale, to kiss, but paid too little attention on somebody's else breathing. I received, and sometimes -too often- I stopped myself from giving.

I miss my child's voice: I recorded the sound of his voice when he was so little and dear to me (Where have I left it?). I took those pictures I cherish for the memories they could keep, and for those I'll be reminded when my children become moms or dads. But this child I heard yesterday made me happy, and I cannot show the face I now have on this screen as a paperwall.

There was a young lady too who also enjoyed that moment. She wants to have her kids. Perhaps she keeps the word she would give her husband when they´re married; but human life needs one room for breathing, same way a rose has its thorns to be saved, self-protected and rooted in the depth of clean soil.

Loving relationships need our attention, one we freely give without pushing. You cannot get a real friend choking his/her personal desires. I'm sure I cannot respire in some rare atmospheres; so I guess I can help someone to breathe, to find her daily breath without hurting like a thorn... But I need God first!

Yesterday I secretly laughed at hearing people talking... In somebody's voice (and his claims) I heard how I was, the things I needed and I'm glad that I´m changing: God is the ONE I needed to have my all.

Some Christians may misbehave or look you down unfriendly. They are so demanding, so judgmental, that they indulged themselves to judge you, when you're walking your life at your steps. Is Jesus like that? Have you seen how bossy some Christians are, telling you to do the things they don´t make to happen?

“Come to me... My yoke is easy.” (Jesus, in Matthew's)

“No one can come to me unless the Father draws him” (Jesus, in John's) How could you lead a person to Jesus if God is out?

Yes! God is not pushing me to love Him. He invites me to love Him by obedience, same way His Son did.

Yes! He wants me to follow Jesus´ teachings and life style. Will you come too?

Love is not a dead-end street, it´s a two way street. It is roomy enough for people to breathe, to walk and feel safe. Its root is divine and above all humans. It has an earthly realm, but the operative design and its seal are divine and eternal: The source is God's.

Just to keep in mind, as I lately have said: Friendship and love are not to be begged, but to be given.

A.T.

No hay comentarios: